Time for a new approach …
When more than 80% of your data unstructured is and 75% no longer administered is, isn’t it time for a different approach?
According to a recent survey of analysts showed that 80% of stored data is unstructured (source: Unstructured Data and the 80 Percent Rule). Common examples are pictures, emails, cards, reports, contracts, movies, spreadsheets, web content and presentations. This content is not included in structured data management systems. The stored data is increasing day by day, partly because through regulation and corporate governance it is necessary to keep data longer.
Different information silos, multi vendor storage systems and the bad use of your existing storage capacity, have contributed to a “casual storage architecture”. This encourages your company to strive for a robust solution to store your data for a longer term.
The introduction of an integrated storage environment leads to the significant cost saving, operational efficiency and legal risk mitigation.
Solution for unstructured data
By entering a central solution for both the block as unstructured data, contributes to reduce costs, simplify management and optimization of storage capacity. As well as covering legal obligations.
Reducing your storage costs:
- Consolidate your storage environment and save on power, cooling and space
- Up to 40% reduction in your storage capacity
- Up to 65% reduction in your required backup capacity
Simplifying your management:
- A single management interface for all your data: block and file & content
- Less information/storage silos, smaller footprint and less management systems
Increasing your Return on Assets:
- Increase your storage utilization using a large storage pool
- Use storage tiering to less active data online to move to cheaper disks
- Move inactive data to an active archive to preserve space on your primary platform.
Optimizing your data:
- Moving your data automatically, on the basis of an established policy, on storage tiers;
- Compress your inactive data and deduplicate;
- Reduce your backup window by having less active data.
Limiting your legal risks:
- Guarantee your long term retention for local regulations and corporate governance;
- Introduce a central search and index platform over all your data.
Whether you are considering getting a File & Content solution for the storage of your unstructured data, or that you already are using a File & Content solution, the specialists of PLCS think along with you. Contact the specialists of PLCS to discuss your options.
This post is also available in: Dutch