TSM Advanced training
This course is for administrators who possess a fundamental knowledge of IBM Tivoli Storage Manager. It provides in-depth administration training with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager version 6 at a higher skill level than the TSM basic course. Administrators will learn how to control and tune the Tivoli Storage Manager environment and what steps to take when troubleshooting. The duration of the course is 5 days (this includes half a day for the IBM Tivoli Storage Manager V6.3 Implementation exam).
Lesson 1: TSM Solution Design Considerations, the goal of this module is to provide the student with information necessary to design and configure a Tivoli Storage Manager server that addresses the needs of a complex computer environment. Upon completion, the student shall demonstrate sufficient knowledge of relevant hardware configurations, I/O Subsystem configurations and TSM configurations to address these complex needs.
Lesson 2: Automating TSM Administrative Tasks With Macros, SQL Select and Scripts. In this lesson, students will learn how to automate repetitive administrative tasks using TSM Macros and Scripts. Students will also be introduced to the TSM SQL interface which can be useful in collecting additional detail and reports from the TSM Server.
Lesson 3: TSM Server-to-server communications. Upon completion of this section, the student will demonstrate proficiency in the following:
- Understanding how to save data on remote servers using TSM server-to-server virtual volumes
- Implementing server-to-server virtual volumes for storage pools and disaster protection
- Understanding how to configure and manage multiple TSM servers using TSM’s Enterprise Administration feature
- Perform tasks on multiple servers
- Send server and client events to another server for logging
- Monitor many servers and clients from a single server
- Perform node replication between multiple TSM servers
Lesson 4: TSM Features and Upgrade (upgrade of TSM server version 5 to version 6).
Lesson 5: TSM Problem Determination. This lesson is intended to provide students with a methodology and tools for diagnosing and solving problems in the TSM environment. It also discusses and reviews common problems seen with the TSM server and client.
Lesson 6: TSM Disaster Recovery Planning and Testing. Upon completion of this section, the student will demonstrate proficiency in the following:
- Restoring the TSM database in the production environment
- Rebuilding a production TSM server
- Disaster recovery on an alternate server using the Disaster Recovery Plan file
- Bare machine restore using various techniques
One day is reserved for practicing questions of the IBM Tivoli Storage Manager V6.3 Implementation (000-590) exam.
Our TSM Advanced Class has a 100% passing grade! All students have passed the exam the first time.
|Target||IT professionals and administrators who posses a fundamental knowledge of IBM Tivoli Storage Manager|
|Required knowledge||Basic IT knowledge and fundamental knowledge of IBM Tivoli Storage Manager|
|Course duration||5 days|
|Number students||4 minimum – 6 maximum|
|Price||€ 2500,- incl. course book, exam and lunches|
Planned dates for our advanced class:No Events No Events
This post is also available in: Dutch